Seguidores

segunda-feira, 5 de outubro de 2009

Macedonia air-crash

"On a quiet sunny morning, which is not unusual for these parts of the world during the Christmas holidays, I went out for a walk along the river, in suspense that the water would still my thoughts and make them flow in the true order. I remember sitting on a bench by the water and having a cigarette or two. I also remember a sheer conversation with an acquaintance in an accidental meeting there. What I do not remember is that I somehow drifted away from that location onto another and continuously walked along tidy streets and sidewalks, passing by windows of shops which stopped working a long time a go.

I know that my perception started working again when I saw the gothic La Capilla del Obispo in the distance and a force to me unknown started dragging me towards. Then I saw the fixation. A flag. A large red flag with a sun widespread. It was an embassy of a country unheard of. The thing was that on the corner of the flag there was a black ribbon, like it was that country’s entombment that day. I mingled with the people standing in front of the embassy and did not understand a word. Then I truly realized – something bad has happened. It must be the end of the world.

On a splendid sunny morning, which is very unusual for those parts of the world during the Christmas holidays, a team of eleven young peacemakers departed Bosnia after the conclusion of their mission and headed towards their home country Macedonia to see their families after a long period. They were all killed on the way, only several minutes from landing.

Soon after I returned to my hotel room I started to search the news channels for the story, but there were no news. There was no news. Something bad must have happened."

Nenhum comentário: